Worried about standing in queues for paying traffic fines? Now no need to stand long. You can use the NJMCDirect online payment portal to pay traffic fines. New Jersey Municipal Court has created an online portal named NJMCDirect. Users can pay traffic tickets and fine bills easily without worrying about wasting their valuable time. People often miss traffic rules or park cars in the wrong places. So, New Jersey Municipal court charges a fee as punishment when someone violates traffic rules.
People initially had to visit New Jersey Municipal Court to pay traffic fines. However, you can pay parking bills and traffic fines online sitting at home through the NJMCDirect portal.
Benefits of NJMCDirect Online Portal:
In today’s world, people hardly have the time to visit the court to make payment. So, they can utilize this online portal for fast and safe payment. The benefits of the NJMCDirect web portal are as follows.
- It is a quicker mode of payment than a manual transaction.
- As the state government runs the portal, it is completely safe. It efficiently preserves confidential information of all users. Only employees of New Jersey Municipal Court have access to the information you have provided. You need not worry about the misuse of information by any third-party.
- It offers users a convenient method of payment. Users prefer to use the online portal as they do not have to visit courts hampering their works. Users need to pay an extra $1 to $4 for making online transactions. This is quite an affordable amount for all.
NJMCDirect Penalty and Convenience Fee Details:
New Jersey ticket payment convenience is entirely different from service handling charges. Service handling charges cost 3% of the billing amount. The convenience fee is directly related to your billing amount. You can check the convenience fee and a penalty from the list below.
|Penalty fee||Fee for convenience|
Suppose, your fine amount is $50. Then, you have to pay a convenience fee of $2.00 along with handling charges. Service handling charges, in this case, are 3% of the billing amount that is equal to $1.5.
So, you need to pay a total of $50+$2+$1.5=$3.5 as a traffic bill.
Requirements for Payment via NJMCDirect:
You must fulfill the requirements that are essential for availing of the NJMCDirect online payment facility. Have a look at the requirements.
- NJ ticket prefix code
- Ticket number
- Court ID/Name
- Credit card or Debit card
- License plate number
- Smartphone, laptop by PC
- Strong and stable internet connection
NJ ticket prefix code, Court ID/Name, License plate number, ticket number are available on traffic ticket. If you have a traffic ticket for violating traffic rules you can find all these details in it.
Make payment before the due date so that you don’t have to pay extra handling charges or fines.
How to pay NJMCDirect Traffic Bills?
We are giving you a step by step guidance that you can use to pay traffic bills online.
- Go to www.njmcdirect.com and choose the “Traffic ticket” option.
- Enter essential details like Court ID/Name, prefix, license plate number, ticket number.
- Tap “Search” after entering all these.
- Then, it will redirect to the NJMCDirect payment page. Use Debit or Credit card for payment. Other payment options such as online banking, PayPal, and UPI are also valid.
The payment process is very easy and less time-consuming. Remember that you have to make payment within NJMCDirect operational hours. You cannot make payment beyond that time. NJMCDirect operational hours are as follows.
|Monday to Thursday||7:30 am-11:45 pm (EST)|
|Friday||7:30 am- 10:45 pm (EST)|
|Saturday||7:30 am- 3:45 pm (EST)|
|Sunday||1:00 pm- 11:45 pm (EST)|
NJMC has brought this opportunity so that you don’t have to visit the court for making payment. If you have violated traffic rules by mistake, you need not worry about going to court. You can make payment for traffic bills from home during the operational hours. When you have a system and internet connection at home, save your time with online payment. No need to worry further. Go ahead and have a nice time.